16 June 2017

I'm Back!

I look at my last post from August 22, 2016, and I love that I thought I was going to be able to revisit and post throughout the school year.  :)  I can't believe that it's been another school year and I'm back here already. I DID implement some of the tech that I learned, some successfully and some not so much, so at least that part went according to plan.

But this summer, I'm not focusing on technology. This summer, I'm taking several classes, and they're focused on a variety of things but somehow still work together. For example, the critical reading seminar that I went to earlier this week used To Kill A Mockingbird as a mentor text for teaching annotation, and I'm also taking a "Teaching Mockingbird" course from Facing History and Ourselves (if you don't know about them, check it out!). I'm also doing an immersion French class, a course exploring George Couros' book The Innovator's Mindset, and a mindfulness class through Mindful Schools that comes in handy when balancing all of this work! I'm also teaching a "Harry Potter Adventures" class that I'm nervous about because I want it to be super fun and I'm not very creative, but I'm trying, and the internet is a great place to teach me how to grow mandrakes and make our own wands

This is all to say that I'm back here to process the learning I'm doing. I hope you join me...and maybe this year, I'll actually continue updating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment