22 August 2016

Digital Storytelling (Thing 36)

This final thing was difficult for me! Even with all of the things that we have learned this summer, I would still rather write a reflection than use the digital storytelling programs that are available because I think that my frustration with the technology is still a stumbling block for me getting my message across.

That being said, I am proud of what I put together in Animoto. Their program is beautiful and simple, and that's exactly what I need, which is why I chose it. I know there are a few places where the narration gets ahead of the pictures, but I think you'll still get it. I am proud that I was able to look for and find the answer to my question about how to include a voiceover track instead of using another program that I liked less but had a more obvious voice track (it was actually pretty easy but did take a few steps - this article was super helpful).

I hope this conveys my feelings about the class accurately. Overall, I think it was a worthwhile experience, but not everything I did was successful. I won't be overhauling my philosophy of education or changing everything I do as a result of what I have learned, but I will be more open to technological advances if they can help the process of teaching and learning.

I have loved learning alongside you all! This blog will remain active as I try to hold myself accountable for updating some of my teaching practices, so if you ever have a spare minute (ha!), please come by. Have a great year!

1 comment:

  1. You told a great story! TPACK has your name all over it.

    ReplyDelete